Sunday, June 5, 2011

Community English Class

Sunday, 6-5-11

This is just a short blog to say that I am loving the community English class that I’m teaching here at the Pastoral House on Sundays. Today I had 13 students!! Nine were from the canton of San Francisco, two were from the canton of Virginia, and two were from Berlín. I also usually have a couple teachers but they weren’t able to make it today. I know most of the kids from San Francisco since my church in the US partners with San Francisco. I met them when I was here last year for 6 weeks. They are all part of a youth/young adult group in San Francisco and they really wanted me to teach them English so I’m glad we’ve been able to make that possible.

The class is very relaxed and the students have felt free to ask questions or have me repeat something. It’s a small class and they all really want to be there so I don’t have to worry about them chatting during class. Plus I can give everyone more one on one attention. So far everyone is doing really well. I can already tell that they’re retaining the information. Hopefully things will continue to go smoothly!


My class today

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great turnout. You are really providing an amazing service to the community and I hope it continues.

Anonymous said...

Your class size is growing -- awesome. What a great opportunity for these individuals. Mom