Sunday, March 13, 2011

Slow Sunday

Sunday, 3-13-11

I like Sundays here. I can get things accomplished but I don’t feel like I need to be going at 100mph. I woke up really late today….8:30am. Then I laid in bed til almost 9am. I have never slept in that late here. It was weird. Kathy knocked on my door at 9am to make sure I was still alive. Indeed I was, and even feeling a little better. I still kind of had a headache and my stomachache wasn’t completely gone but I was better than yesterday. I took the sheets and blanket off my bed so they could be washed. I didn’t really want to sleep with all the germs I’d left there. Then I took a cool dump shower. It was especially nice because I was feeling a little warm.

I had some bread, beans, and a tamale for breakfast at 10am. Everything seemed to go down well. I felt a little hazy and discombobulated but at least I wasn’t bent over in pain like yesterday. The only other time I can remember that kind of nausea was last summer. I was sick for a couple days and eventually went to a clinic because I felt so sick. They gave me a shot and a prescription for anti-nausea medication. Eventually I felt better but it took awhile. Also, I forgot to mention in yesterday’s blog that after I woke up that evening I got an email from a few of the Heartland delegates saying that they’d been sick too. I’m thinking this is probably related somehow.

I got some laundry done today as well. Sundays are always a good day to do laundry. When I was finished I walked to the women’s artisan shops to help Cecilia and Blanca pick out earrings to sell at the store at the Pastoral House. We got there and they told us that almost all the jewelry was at a stand downtown because of the festival. There are always lots of little stands set up during this time of year for the patron saint festival. So we walked downtown to look at the earrings. I picked out about 20 pairs of earrings. It’s fun picking out jewelry from their store because they’re so unique.

I worked on various other things throughout the rest of the day. Blanca’s mom stopped by and I showed her my little chick. She took one look at it and told me it was a female chick. Then later in the day Margarita stopped by and she saw my chick as well. She also told me that it was a female. I guess Chelito is now Chelita. I’m still not exactly sure how they can tell. It has something to do with the “cola” (tail) of the chick though I don’t know what. Maybe someday I’ll figure it out. Right now Chelita is sleeping and I think I’m going to do the same.

P.S. We do not have daylight savings time here

1 comment:

Matt said...

Glad you are feeling better. I hope Chelita is ok with being a female.