Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sleepy day

I think the days when I do the least is when I’m tired the most.

We went back to El Tablón Cerna today to talk about the cooperative some more. The guys from the UCA and CARE were supposed to be here at 9:00am to pick us up. But they were almost two hours late yesterday so why should they be on time today? They rolled in around 10:30am. Had we known they were going to be that late we could have gone to church or the market. The drive there wasn’t too bad because a different person was driving than yesterday. Everyone was waiting for us when we arrived, many the same people from yesterday. Most of the talking done at this meeting was done by the people from CARE who are helping to finance the cooperative. Not as many kids to distract me as there were yesterday.

After the meeting ended the people from the UCA handed out some drinks and snacks for everyone. They all went to look at the land for a while and then we took off. As soon as we began the ride home I took back my words about how well the person drove. Several times I was sure the car was going to stall because he was going so slow up the big hills. Other times he’d stop abruptly and then all the dust we’d made would fly back into the truck. We got back to the house around 2:00pm. Cecilia and I jumped off the truck and flew into the house. We were glad to be back.

Cecilia made us some lunch: warm tortillas, beans, cheese, eggs, and avocado. We were overdue for lunch. After eating I looked through some of my pictures, getting rid of the ones I didn’t want and editing those I liked. It seems like when I have a lot of down time I can’t think of anything I really want to do. I prefer being busier. The highlight of my afternoon was when I heard Kathy and Cecilia talking excitedly about something in the yard. Kathy said there were a ton of bees in her office so I went to investigate. I walked in, grabbed some Raid, and drove out the bees. Then I went back to doing nothing.

Around 4pm I went into Kathy’s office to tell her I was going to be in the hammock and to wake me if anything exciting happened. She told me Alejandro was going to do some driving because he needed the practice. I decided to go along for the ride. We were gone about an hour and a half and I ended up falling asleep. Kathy did too. Cecilia didn’t want to cook for dinner so she went for pupusas. Kathy wasn’t hungry and actually went to bed around 7pm. I thought about things that I could do but wasn’t feeling too motivated. It crossed my mind for a brief second to not write a blog but I’ve written one every day and I hate to break a pattern like that. I’m sorry; you can never get back the five minutes of your life that you just spent reading my blog.

So that was my day.
Yesterday would have been impossible to top.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I'm glad you were able to have a relaxing and restful day after your adventures on Saturday.